“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” Oscar Wilde
True self-love is giving you unconditional respect, appreciation, and evaluation of being great. It’s reminding you that you deserve to have all your personal needs met while considering yourself as worthy, valuable, and deserving of happiness.
Being aware, no matter what you do or neglect to do, that you’ll always love yourself and be true to who you are — no matter what.
Self-love is the fuel and foundation. If it’s not there, your entire life will be unstable and uncertain. But if you truly love yourself, life moves forward with ease and everything magically falls into place.
You’ll withstand any challenging life event or personal adversity. Depression, anxiety, stress, and the strive to be perfect, will vanish in the face of pure optimism that self-love creates.
Few idea to practice self-love:
- Building a life that we love while we are single instead of waiting for our prince/princess to show up to explore life and to be happy
- Owning our inner and outer beauty and complimenting ourselves without feeling guilty, arrogant, or entitled
- Allowing ourselves to make mistakes and not criticizing ourselves for making them. Instead, choosing to appreciate our desire to learn and grow
- Set boundaries and protecting ourselves by identifying what is, and isn’t good for us, and gain the clarity we need to understand what we will, and will not accept in our life. Bring the right people into our life who reflect our own self-respect and reputation
- Following what our gut/intuition says instead of living out of our brain and ego
As I Began to love myself… By Charlie Chaplin
“As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know, this is AUTHENTICITY.
As I began to love myself I stopped craving for a different life, and I could see that everything that surrounded me was inviting me to grow. Today I call it MATURITY.
As I began to love myself I understood that at any circumstance, I am in the right place at the right time, and everything happens at the exactly right moment. So I could be calm. Today I call it SELF-CONFIDENCE.
As I began to love myself I freed myself of anything that is no good for my health – food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself. At first, I called this attitude a healthy egoism. Today I know it is LOVE OF ONESELF.”
These lines by Charlie Chaplin inspired me to be on the path of self-love, I believe these words will guide you too.
I am conducting a one day workshop on Self-Love: Being in a MElationship on Saturday, 25th of November 2017. If you are interested in attending it, leave your details below and my team will get in touch with you for the same.